Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Evolving Archerisms

Archer is at that magic age where he's a total brat one minute and says something cute and endearing the next. I don't doubt that this is by design, otherwise people would abandon their tantruming two year olds at the local zoo. He's been talking up a storm for a while and I've been able to follow *most* of what he's said. But now he's getting clearer. He's also getting more clever. The things that kid says! He literally makes me LOL every day. My favorite, he still calls himself "Achoo" and calls Will "Whoa". Those pretty much rock. I don't care if he's 21 and still calling himself Achoo. But he has gone from calling Aunt Jill "Nene" to calling her by her actual name of Aunt Jill. And Uncle Matt has gone from being "That" to Uncle Matt or just Matt. It's kind of sad when he loses the nicknames. He is also getting pretty good with Grandma and Grandpa, as well as "friend" which I make him call other kids at the park. I prefer friend to some of the other names he might come up with (yes he says cute things but he's still a stinker). "Tito" has developed into kitty and "Arf" has turned into dog. He's got a lot more animal names down, instead of just using their animal sounds. (bird, not tweet; sheep, not baa; etc) He went through a short stage last week of calling Keith "Wobot" (robot). He's now back to Daddy, at least for today. AD also likes to declare himself a "nunny goose" when he does something funny. :) I love that. And because he must be contrary, if any of these comments make me laugh too much, he'll loudly declare, "Hey, no nunny!" Oh Archer. (As you can see above, he's also really into taking pics and saying "cheese!")

No comments: